Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The View from the Famous Two Trees

As a resident of this amazing city, I could not be argued that I know about the "Two Trees" which locals called the certain part of a hill in which only 2 tall trees stand visible from the city proper.
The 2 Trees as viewed from the trail leading to it.
(The trail starting at Gawad Kalinga, Brgy. 9)



The Two Trees is a part of the Provincial Tree Park of Bukidnon, which the Northern Entrance is at the Kaamulan Grounds and its Southern Entrance is at Gawad Kalinga (also known as Capitol Village), Barangay 9. The Park is traversed by the Kalawaig River, a tributary of Sawaga River, the major river of Malaybalay City (except in the Upper Pulangi District where the Pulangi River reigns), which starts at Barangay 1.

The Gawad Kalinga route to the Two Trees

I was 3rd Year High School when I had my last climb to the 2 Trees, and after 5 years I noticed many changes. The cemented trail until the "Mountain Gate" as I call it. The grasses were so tall now and the trail has become narrower.


The trail ascending the Two Trees


The once broad paved road now became more like a trail.

Finally, my friends and I reached the Two Trees. It is roughly a 30-45 minute hike depending on the pace of the hiker. Once at the top, BOOM!!!! a breath taking view of Malaybalay City proper including some parts of Barangays Casisang and Sumpong! It's like Malaybalay City is at the foot of the majestic Kitanglad Range, home of the 2nd, 4th and 8th highest peaks in the country.


The view of Malaybalay City at Two Trees

The pine trees that were still short 5 years ago starts to overlap the view. In the future it may be called More Fun Trees (just my joke opinion but it could be). While we're astonished by the view of the city, I turn to my back and was also amazed by the serendipity of Sitio Tigbawan, part of Barangay Can-ayan. The wide fields and the simplicity of living makes it serene.

These are the different sites while on two trees:


The pine trees that used to be short the last time I climbed 5 years ago


Southern Part of Tigbawan


Central Part of Tigbawan overlooking the tall Barangay Kibalabag Mountains


Northern Part of Tigbawan


Sitio Tigbawan Proper



Its amazing how such a place existed behind the mountains of the city proper. Yet many leave their trash behind. We packed ours and went for our descend.


A flower I saw at Two Trees


The Two Trees as seen from the paved road


My friends descending back to Gawad Kalinga


The Bukidnon Provincial Tree Park is a wonder inside Malaybalay City,  but the maintenance is lacking. I hope the Park will be more preserved soon.

*Our ascend took place last May 6, 2012.
#Teletubbies

2 comments: